Friday, October 29, 2010

Reading Makes Better Writing...

But do we write more because we read a lot? I don't. There are many things that I consider as I am taking a shower, driving to work, and falling asleep. I think about things that I wish I could do, or a "type" of person I wish I could be.
* I wish I could be the type of person who runs five miles a day.
* Or the type of person who is generally nice to everyone they meet, without making any preconceived judgments.
* I wish I could be the person who keeps journals, or writes for fun. I actually tried to "train" myself to be this person when I was younger. I thought, "Oh, I will keep a journal, and document every. single. day. of my life!" It lasted for awhile...during a tumultuous relationship...

I found the journal a few months before I got married, and chucked that thing to the wind. Boy, are teenagers crazy!

In my youth, I also tried to train myself to be the type of person who would sleep with a stuffed animal....that one didn't take either.

English teachers tell their students every day that if you read more, your writing will be better. How can I be truthful, when I don't really write myself?
Soooo... I will try once more with the whole "journal thing." Only this time instead of professing my love for certain deadbeats, I will try to write about what happens at school. Funny stories, stupid things kids say...

With that note, I encourage you to find something that you wish you could do, or be and give it a whorl~~

Next project will be KNITTING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment