Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reader: A must have quality in a man

There are many qualities in men that are considered must haves: Humor, Charm, Intellect, Attractivness, Good Teeth, etc. But one that is of vital importance is that he has to be a reader. When my bedside table is full of at least twenty book, of all varities, it is only fair and balanced for my husband to also have a table full of books. Every night when I go to bed, I like to stay up and read for about 30 minutes. I find comfort in the fact that my husband and I read in silence together.
My husband came into our marriage as a reader of non-fiction...only. He never dabbled in fiction or things that would take his imagination to far away lands. Fortunately, he is open-minded. After seeing a few Harry Potter movies, I finally convinced him to take the plunge and read his first fiction...Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Once he finished that series, it became easier to convince him to read others....Twilight, Da Vinci Code, and next...The Hunger Games.

So ladies...Remember, looks are great, but when they are old and wrinkly...there is nothing better than sharing the love of books with someone you love.

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend was offended when I told him early in our relationship that I liked him because he read. He thought that was the stupidest thing ever. Of course he was able to read. It took me a long time to convince him that having the ability to read did not equal actually reading in real life. He's also a nonfiction reader. I'm still working on him.

    ReplyDelete