Saturday, January 30, 2010

To Kindle or not to Kindle? That is the question.

E-books are becoming very popular. In fact, I myself have gone so far as to download the Kindle App for my iPhone. Sure, I have read a few pages on it...but cannot seem to grasp the idea of reading a book, where I don't have to actually flip the pages. Yes, and I know that these Apps and apparatuses have the function to make the flippy page sounds, like an actual book. But it is not the same.

I cannot do it. I cannot give up the wonderfulness of books. I cannot give up the smell, or the creases in the corners of the pages, where I have dog-eared them. I cannot give up the tattered covers, wrinkled spines, or any of the wonderful things that you can't get with the Kindle or Nook. My husband would truly disagree. He would love a Kindle. My best friend has the Nook. No matter how articles and friends and other tech savvy people rave about these new devices, I will not succumb.

I will not go down without a fight! Print on publishing companies. Print your millions of copies for those of us out there that will read and love those paper pages.

1 comment:

  1. I would love a kindle for travelling because I tend to pack more books than clothes. But, I am a library person since I read more books than I could ever afford to buy. Until some sort of library option is offered I won't be getting one and I can't ever see myself going entirely to e-books either.

    ReplyDelete