Saturday, February 19, 2011

Borders is Closing Down

Here are a few reasons why I appreciate Borders:

1. Their displays. They, in comparison to a certain other mass book dealer, actually display their books in a way that makes me want to buy them. Especially their Young Adult section.

2. The smell of coffee is not too overwhelming.

3. A few good finds can be had on the sale racks by the doors.


What people will do for a sale.....

I walked into Borders today just looking to see what I could see. I had no intention of buying anything unless there was like a 70% off sale to get my blood pumping. Apparently here in NWA, it doesn't take much for people to gather in hoards and clog up an entire book store.

It only took a 20% off sale....on SOME books. The line had about 150 people in it, with piles of books clutched to their chests. REALLY, for only 20%. It seemed a little ridiculous to me. ME, the book connoisseur of mass book purchasing.

I'm saving myself for the big sale...I don't like to put my goods out there for a measley 20%.

No comments:

Post a Comment