Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's Over.

The last page has been read. People died, people survived. Mockingjay is done.

After purchasing the much anticipated finale to the Hunger Games series, I actually tried dragging it out. Normally I would rush home and spend the entire night consuming each and every detail until it was finished. But for this book, I really wanted to savor each page. So I let it drag out, over six days. And now I am complete.

I am satisfied with the way Collins ended the trilogy, however, as with most great books, you really wish they would never end, and you would continue to live vicariously in the lives of your favorite characters.

Happy sigh. What will be the next great series?? Can anything compete with Potter and Katniss??

Cheers, to the eternal search for great books!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't drag it out. I read it all in one sitting. In fact I started book one on Tuesday and finished all three on Thursday. I got obsessed.

    ReplyDelete