Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summertime...is over :o(

I know there are people out there that believe.."Oh, teachers have summers off! They don't have to do anything for three months!! neh neh neh" True. I consider myself to be a pretty lucky person. BUT, and its a big BUT....I have done lots of "school" stuff this summer, and probably didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but that is all hindsight.

Here is what I did accomplish...
12 BOOKS...

I feel pretty darn good about this. There were non-fiction, beach reads, and lots of young adult books, one of which I will do a review of in a later post. It definitely pulled at my heartstrings.

Anyway...I have read lots of blogs about teachers whose goal was to read 40+ books. Yea, them.

I read books, and I got a tan. AND I didn't count picture books, so boo-yah!

I am pleased to say that book club will be back in full swing in a couple of weeks. With their absence, I have felt a little off. Although I did read my own books, it was kind of weird not to have a "book club" I needed to read. I will be happy when the ladies of the Mean Girls BC can get back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment