Saturday, January 29, 2011

Peace Like a River

I finally finished this book. Maybe the title was too peaceful? Maybe the setting and use of poetry by Swede was too beautiful. There was something about this book that was too tranquil, too serene, too wintry? Not that it was boring. There was definitely a great story to be told, and add the SHOCKING ending, it was a great book.

I'm just not sure I would read it again...my eyes are getting droopy just thinking about it.

I'm starting our next book club book, The Lost Child. So far it's not too bad. I didn't have a lot of opportunities to read last week, but I will try and make time this week.

PS- I bought a book that is a little out of my normal comfort zone. I purchased the Pioneer Woman cook book....Let me just say, my southern heart beats for almost every. single. recipe. between the covers. I'm not even sure where I want to start, or that it is even healthy, but my mouth waters at words like Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Pulled Pork, Buttermilk Biscuits, Cornbread!

There WILL be an update on how this book goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment