Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Snow Days mean to me??

Don't you remember the days when you would stay up at night hoping and praying that school would be canceled? For me these days were some of my fondest memories of school, in fact my senior year I wrote a poem to commemorate those days.

Anyway, this is a HUGE perk to being a teacher. I still get to experience the ups and downs of snow days. Crossing my fingers, chanting "Please say Rogers, Please say Rogers." Well, today is that day.

Here is my plan:

* Sleep in - Check!
* do SOME house work (I will not spend my entire day off doing stuff I don't like!)
* READ, READ, READ!!!!

I have envisioned this last one, for awhile. I am currently reading Peace Like a River. Even the cover is wintry, so I will be curled up, book in hand, hot cocoa on the table, snow outside...SAVORING this moment that I have wished for.

Happy Snow Day! May you have to stay inside and enjoy all the wonders that books and warm food can give you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment